IE “Compatibility View Setting”
IE -> “Tools” menu -> “Compatibility View Settings”: add/remove site.
Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11
<meta http-equiv=”x-ua-compatible” content=”IE=8″ >
SharePoint 2010 aspx webpage is only compatible with IE8.
This post provide some bug list, if you break this compatible mode. I copy here for myself reference:
- Change IE meta tag from “IE=8” (or IE=edge) to “IE=9” – Please note these bugs only show up in IE!
- In a document library, the “Send To” option in the context menu doesn’t doesn’t display the secondary menu (thanks to Brian for discovering this).
- Rich text editor fields in dialog boxes do not allow text entry.
- Save button in dialog boxes do not work.
- The people picker save button is disabled (thanks to Shane Perran).
- Web Parts cannot be moved from zone to zone, they go back to their default location when you stop editing the page (thanks to Shane Perran).
- Site Permissions > Create a New Group (newgrp.aspx) page wont submit. The Rich Text entry box for the new group ‘About Me’ is greyed out. The page errors out in Office365 (thanks to John Mongell).
- Instant Messaging presence pawn is broken (thanks to Sig Weber).
- Event in calendar view can’t postback/create an item (thanks to @CStahl).
- The mini calendars within the Modal Popup Dialog Box when the Week Day is enabled (“Show week numbers”…); the design for the calendar crashes (thanks to @CStahl).
- Lookup fields with 20+ items will not display the dropdown list (thanks to @CStahl).
- People Picker is broken (thanks to Sig Weber).